Flexible solar panels for campervans
Flexible solar panels are a great alternative for the sprinter conversion van owner. Flexible solar panels give your van camper build an ultra-low profile or no profile. This is a great option for the van dwellers who boondock. Flexible solar panels mounted on a conversion van boondocking will be undetectable. Stealth camping!
Renogy 175 Watt 12 Volt Extremely Flexible Monocrystalline Solar Panel – Ultra Lightweight, Ultra Thin, Up to 248 Degree Arc, for RV, Boats, Roofs, Uneven Surfaces
Easy solar panel connectors and waterproof junction box
Flexible solar panels will cut down on wind resistance as your traveling down the highway. Standard solar panels mounted on a rack will create wind resistance that can affect your gas mileage.
Energy conversion efficiency
There is a disadvantage in using flexible solar panels in the winter months. Standard solar panels can be mounted on a rack. The angle of the rack can be changed depending on the direction of the sun. In the winter months for the solar panels to achieve maximum solar input, the solar panels angle needs to change and point directly toward the sun sitting lower in the sky. This can be up to 15-30 degrees.
Higher bendablity than other brands
Renogy 100 Watt 12 Volt Extremely Flexible Monocrystalline Solar Panel – Ultra Lightweight, Ultra Thin, Up to 248 Degree Arc, for RV, Boats, Roofs, Uneven Surfaces
Topsolar Flexible Solar Panel 100W 12V Monocrystalline Bendable – 100 Watt 12Volt Semi-Flexible Mono Solar Panels
Water proof integration
Solar hookup diagram
If you plan to install solar panels on your mercedes camper van you will need a solar charge controller. Check out my post on solar charge controllers here.
- With a flex range of up to 248 degrees, this panel is capable of meeting a wide range of applications where standard panels can be inconvenient to mount, such as on the curved roof of an airstream.
- ETFE material has higher light transmittance, longer service life than PET material. ETFE material also has antifouling and self-cleaning abilities, ensure best performance day after day.
- Thanks to advanced polymer materials, this product weighs 70% less than conventional solar panels, making transportation and installation a breeze. The lightweight design also contributes to lower mpg on vehicles.
- Sleek and barely noticeable, the Renogy 160W flexible solar panel laid flat is only a tenth of an inch tall! Approximately 95% thinner than its rigid counterpart, this panel is ideal for a stealthy solar setup.
- Rigorously tested, the 160W panel was designed to withstand extreme wind of up to 2400 Pa and snow loads of up to 5400 Pa. The Renogy 160W flexible solar panel is the best companion for RV, boat, cabin and other applications.
Please like and share, Thank you