WHAT IS AN MPPT CHARGE CONTROLLER?
An MPPT controller behaves as a DC voltage converter producing more current flow to the battery maintaining a higher efficiency and boosts the array current to charge the battery more quickly and efficiently rather than wasting energy as heat. We offer two different Renogy model MPPT charge controllers, The Rover, and The Commander. (by Renogy)
- The controller features a smart tracking algorithm that maximizes the energy from the solar PV module(s) and charge the battery.
- The comprehensive self-diagnostics and electronic protection functions can prevent damage from installation mistakes or system faults.
- Innovative MPPT technology with high tracking efficiency up to 99% and peak conversion efficiency of 97%.
- Reverse protection: Any combination of solar module and battery, without causing damage to any component.
- The low voltage disconnect function (LVD) will prevent the battery from over discharging.
- Negative-ground controller. LED Indicators that inform you about the charge controller’s status.
- Protection against: overcharging, overload, short-circuit, and reverse polarity.
- 4 Stage PWM charging (Bulk, Boost, Float, and Equalization) prevents batteries from over-charging and over-discharging.
- Compensates for temperature, automatically corrects charging and discharging parameters, and improves battery longevity.
- Remote Temperature Sensor compatible: measures the battery’s temperature and uses this data for accurate temperature compensation (accessory sold separately).