Hand and foot pumps for your campervan
Are you looking for an easy and affordable way to get water to your sink in your camper van without having to install a complex electrical system? Look no further than hand and foot pumps!
Hand and foot pumps are a simple and reliable way to access water without the need for electricity or a pressurized water system. These pumps work by using a manual piston or diaphragm to draw water from a storage tank or container and pump it to your sink or other outlet.
One of the main benefits of using a hand or foot pump in your camper van is the ease of installation. Unlike a full electrical system, these pumps can be easily installed with just a few basic tools and minimal expertise. In addition, they are lightweight and compact, making them ideal for use in smaller spaces like a van or RV.
Another benefit of using a hand or foot pump is the ability to control the flow of water. Unlike a pressurized system, you can adjust the water flow by pumping more or less, which can be especially useful when conserving water in dry camping situations.
Hand and foot pumps are also a great option for those looking to live a more sustainable lifestyle. By using manual pumps, you can reduce your reliance on electrical power and conserve water, which is especially important when traveling in remote areas where water sources may be scarce.
When choosing a hand or foot pump for your camper van, it is important to consider the type of pump that will best suit your needs. Some pumps are designed for use with fresh water, while others are designed for use with salt water or other liquids. Additionally, some pumps may require more maintenance or be more difficult to use than others.
Overall, hand and foot pumps are an excellent option for those looking for a simple and reliable way to access water in their camper van or RV. With their ease of installation, low cost, and sustainability benefits, they are a great addition to any van or RV owner’s toolkit.
Installing a manual water pump or campervan foot water pump in your van camper build will allow you to pump water from a water container under your sink supplying you with fresh clean water to your faucet. The water then will flow down the sink drain to a second gray water container under the sink. No need to install complicated plumbing and gray tanks.
For this type of configuration you will need either a hand operated water pump or a foot operated water pump. Two water containers. One container will supply fresh water to the sink. The second water container will be the gray tank to collect the used water exiting the sink drain. One small sink. Some van owners use stainless steel salad bowl and cut the drain hole it the bottom and inserting drain outlet. Plastic pvc pipe or clear drain line tubing can be used for the exit drain. Two 1/2 or 3/4 in water supply lines will be fitted to the manual pump. One water line draws water from the clean water tank to the pump and the second water line delivers the water from the pump going to the sink faucet.
If your looking for a simple water pump that can be placed inside your water container, check out my blog post on simple submersible water pump.
6 Reasons to use a van camper manual water pump
- Cheaper to install than electrical water pumps
- Easy installation
- Less parts compared to and electrical setup
- Don’t need electricity
- Less parts to fail
- Saves on water usage
Camper Van Manual water pump
TMC Self Priming Water Galley Rocket Hand Pump Faucet
- MADE from high-quality Stainless Steel. CAPACITY of 60GPH (228LPH). Self Priming Pump
- HAND GALLEY PUMP with built-in check valve
- DIMENSIONS are 3 3/4″ above and Cutout 1 25/32″
- CLEARANCE below the counter 2 7/8″
- UNIT COMES with a 3/8″ Barb Connector
Conversion van hand water pump
Hand pump sink for camper
Foot pump sink Camping
Gusher Galley MK3 Foot Pump
- Smooth double action. Self primes and operates dry without damage
- Handsfree operation. Right oriented foot lever
- Easy installation. Multi directional inlet and outlet hose connections, 3 mounting options, including thru bulkhead
- Pumps fresh and salt water 4 US gallons per minute
- Also ideally used to prime Whale In-Line Booster pumps. Not for use in pressurized systems
Camper van foot pump sink
This Camper van foot pump can be installed in your conversion van to supply water to your faucet by pushing up and down on the lever with your foot. This setup will keep your hands free to do other things while at the same time supplying a stream of water to your van campers faucet.
RV Hand Pump faucet
- COLD WATER RV FAUCET: Hand pump is ideal for RV’s and campers with a holding tank that require a pump faucet
- EASY TO USE: Rotate the handle back and forth to pump water through the faucet
- FUNCTIONAL PRIME LOCK: Keep the water in prime hold position for immediate water release, or leave the line in drain position to return water to the holding tank
- EASY TO INSTALL: Simply drill a hole through the countertop, place pump, and connect hose to water tank
- REPLACEABLE PARTS: Valterra repair kit RP320 available for making quick and easy repairs
Cheap & Easy DIY Camper Van Plumbing System – Van Life
- Foot-operated galley water pump makes it easy to draw water in a galley for a wide variety of applications
- Simply pump on this unit with the bottom of your foot to draw water
- Conveniently angled top design for easy operation
- Connects to ½-inch flexible hose
- Provides a max flow rate of 2. 2 GPM
- Strong, durable 1-piece molded base, and O ring that holds the top securely in place
- Ideal as a priming pump for use with Whale inline impeller electric pumps (sold separately)
Pumps and accessories
- Warmth on the Go: Unveiling the Top Portable Diesel Heaters for Your Camping Expeditions
- Optimizing Space: Ingenious Storage Solutions for Ultimate Camper Van Efficiency
- Heating Up Adventure: Embracing Cozy Travels with a Propane Fireplace in Your Campervan
- Heating Up Van Life: Harnessing Comfort with the Dickinson Marine Solid Fuel Heater
- The Future of RVing: Affordable Lithium Batteries for Campers